The Ottawa Sport & Social Club is proud of our history and our commitment to building strong communities and improving the lives of others, both locally and globally.
We have undertaken several charity initiatives since our inception in 2003. We are delighted to have donated over $56,480 in support since then!
- OSSC assisted Community Cup organize and run their first Ball Hockey Corporate Challenge on September 27, 2013
- Donation to the Elmdale Silent Auction in support of Elmdale Public School's 2013 fundraising initiatives.
- Donations to the Immaculata High School Silent Auction in the Spring of 2013.
- Donation of team shirts & stockings to Girls Kick It! Since 2006, Girls Kick It has positively impacted the lives of more than 300 girls in Uganda. They provided them with athletic games, team-building and leadership building activities and weekly soccer practice.
- In-kind support for Wine for Wishes; a gala supporting The Make a Wish Foundation of Eastern Ontario.
- In-kind support for the 2012 Ottawa Gala supporting the Fund for a New Generation (a not-for-profit organization that supports Ottawa's underprivileged children and youth).
- Supported Philemon Wright's High School campaign towards anti-bullying.
- Donated end-of-season Wrap Party 50/50 proceeds to The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada.
- Participation in ‘Moutaches for Kids’ to raise money for the Make-a-Wish Foundation of Eastern Ontario.
- Sponsorship of a World Vision Child.
- Donated to the CHEO BBQ in support of the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario.
- Donated to various charities including the Terry Fox Foundation, YMCA and YWCA, the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation, the Canadian Cancer Society and Camp Ten Oaks.
- Lent equipment for "Waves of Hope", an organization that aids people in Nicaragua.
- Annual donations to the Jennie James Depression Research Fund.
- Annual donations to local schools. These donations go toward new sports equipment, team uniforms, breakfast programs, stocking the library, building accessible ramps, etc.
- Donated to the 2011 Easter Seals Drop Zone (helping Kids with Physical Disabilities).
- Donated to the Ottawa River Runners to support their initiative to build a new kayak storage building and clubhouse at the Pumphouse.
- Supported the efforts of the Political, International & Development Studies Student Association at the University of Ottawa to raise funds for Cystic Fibrosis. You might have seen these students at your games selling freezies! OSSC helped to raise more than $250 for Cystic Fibrosis Canada. Thank you to all our members!