Rideau Sports Centre (RSC)
1 Donald Street, Ottawa, K1K 4E6
Located on the beautiful banks of the Rideau River, the Rideau Sports Centre is a top-tier, multi-sports and recreational facility open to the public.
To assist with physical distancing please refrain from entering the clubhouse if possible. This has been done intentionally to limit further unnecessary contact between yourself and other RSC players.
Dome 1: Closest Dome to the Clubhouse (Multisport Courts: Volleyball, Basketball, Futsal).
Dome 2: Furthest Dome to the Clubhouse (Tennis)
RSC Parking Information:
Both RSC parking lots are reserved for Tennis Players only. Street parking available on Donald Street, and neighbouring side streets. Parking also available in Sandy Hill’s Strathcona Park, across the Adawe Footbridge (view from pedestrian bridge pictured below).
RSC Multi-Sport Dome and COVID Protocols:
*NEW* POLICY - Players MUST sign in with a QR Code, for RSC's contact tracing purposes. You can do this on the day of your game by following the link here: RSC COVID-19 Contact Tracing
Enter the main gate, walk towards the clubhouse, and take the path to the right. The first dome you come to will be the Multi-Sport Dome. Please use the revolving door.
- Teams must wait outside of the dome and physically distanced UNTIL the group before you have fully vacated the area and the GC signals you in.
- We have staggered game times by 15 minutes to allow for appropriate traffic flow and distancing.
- The carousel door into the dome is NOT to be touched with bare hands. Players will enter through the carousel using their covered forearms, shoulder or back. Only 1 player is allowed in the carousel at a time. The carousel will be sanitized at the start of the evening and between games.
- The Game Coordinator will administer hand sanitizing spray for all participants as you enter/exit the dome. Please do not rush and take your time to keep physically distancing as you enter.
- The dome will utilize a one-way traffic system to control the flow of players in and out of the dome. (See map below). Once through the carousel doors, all players must travel to the right staying on the blue path until reaching their court. Note: it might result in taking the long way to reach your court. No players are to move against the flow of traffic or travel across another team’s court. Players are not permitted to move under the net to limit contamination of the net (you must go around to reach your side of the court).
- Your GC will be wearing a face mask for the duration of their shift. Remember, you also must wear a cloth face mask that covers the nose and mouth when arriving on site, when speaking with League or Facility Representatives, and when departing the site.
- The Game Coordinator will be positioned well away from participants.
- Players are not permitted to touch any part of the Game Coordinators sanitization kit or contents.
- Volleyball nets are set up by the Game Coordinator each week.
- Players should be doing their best to not touch beach volleyball nets and posts.
- Scoreboards are not available on-site.
- Teams must bring their own volleyball to each game.
- Volleyballs must be sanitized before the game, between each set, and after the game.
- Game Coordinators will have a spray bottle of disinfectant solution and balls will be sprayed for sanitization.
- The Game Coordinator will dry the balls after each wash with a clean towel.
- Court Volleyball nets will be sprayed down before and after each game with a sanitizing solution by the Game Coordinator.
- Access to washrooms is available, masks must be worn while exiting the dome and in the main clubhouse. It is encouraged that teams come dressed to play to limit exposure to others while in the washrooms/change rooms.
- Access to the restaurant is permitted before/after games.
Once in the dome, immediately remove outdoor wet footwear, and place on the blue grid tiles that surround the perimeter of dome. This will keep the dome clean and floors in good condition.
Dek Hockey Rinks
On opposite side of the road from the sports dome. Rink 1 runs parallel with the road. Rink 2 is south of Rink 1.
Beach Volleyball Courts
On opposite side of the road from the sports dome and next to the Dek Hockey Rinks. (Overhead map picture taken before construction of beach courts was completed). Court 1 is closest to road, Court 2 is in the middle and Court 3 is closest to forest.