Ready to Play? Decide on your night of the week & skill level from the grid below!
- Click the skill description for more info!
- Prices listed are before taxes
- Review the Refund Policy
- After the posted registration deadline, late fees will apply.
Is the class/league/night/skill division you are interested in sold out?
How to request to play with a friend or two
Please send an email with your name, phone number and desired sport to email@example.com and we will add you to the wait list! We will contact you if/when a spot opens up.
Download the full rules here: Ping Pong Rules
Sport & Social Club General Rules
Score & Spirit Point Reporting
- Game Scores (account for 75% of total points): Team captains are responsible for reporting the scores after your game by logging into your player profile and clicking on ‘My Team’ tab and selecting ‘Report Score/Spirit Points’. Teams have a 48 hour window to report scores after the completion of the game. Please be timely with your score reporting so league standings can remain updated for playoff positioning.
- Spirit Points (account for 25% of total points): Spirit points are awarded to a team from their opponent after each game to encourage sportsmanship, honesty, integrity and fair play. For more information and how to properly award spirit points, please see our section ‘All About Spirit Points’.
- Players can view league standings & schedules by logging into your player profile and clicking on ‘Standings/Schedule’.
- All players must be added to the team roster by the team captain. This process confirms that all players have electronically agreed (checked the box) to our policies and online waiver.
- Substitute players are allowed, however they must be added to the roster (check the online waiver). Adding a substitute player from another team in the same league is allowed, however, regular/consistent use of a substitute player in the same league is considered unsportsmanlike and not encouraged.
- Players must play a minimum of two regular season games in a 6-10 week season, or three regular season games in an 11-14 week season to be eligible to play in a playoff game. Players can only play for one team per league/pool in playoff games.
- A default will occur if a team cannot field a squad by 15 minutes after the official start time. If a team does not meet the standard eligibility requirements, team captains must confirm the outcome prior to starting the game. Captains may agree to waive the rules regarding minimum players. IF IT IS AGREED THAT THE GAME COUNTS, IT COUNTS! In the event there is a default dispute and the game was played, the SSC ruling is that the game counts.
- In the event of a missed game due to inclement weather, games will not be rescheduled. To view our foul weather policy click here.
Rough Play & Player Conduct
- It is recognized that incidental contact between players is inevitable – however, all players should go out of their way to avoid creating unsafe play.
- Any unsportsmanlike conduct may result in immediate expulsion from the league. This includes, physical or rough play, verbal abuse, damage to facility property and/or loss of facility permit. Fighting will result in immediate expulsion from the league. To view our Unsportsmanlike Conduct policy click here.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages, use of drugs and smoking at your game site before, during, or after your game is strictly prohibited. Offenders will be asked to leave the league without refund. No Exceptions.
Game Coordinator (GC) On-site SSC Staff
- A GC presence is dependent on sport, season, and/or facility locations. They are not referees, as all games are self-officiated. They are on-site to be a neutral supporter of both teams, clarify rules, manage equipment, start/stop games, and to inform players of league news.
- Game Coordinators may stop a game before the full time has expired due to overly aggressive play, persistent unsportsmanlike conduct or a general violation of the rules of the game.
SSC Official Ping Pong Rules
- The overall objective of the game is to win the match by winning more points than your opponent.
- Games are 55 minutes in length.
- Games start and end according to your online SSC schedule.
- If games start late, games must finish at the scheduled time (e.g. 6:15pm-6:55pm).
- Players are required to bring clean, light-soled footwear for each game.
- SSC plays in a professional facility with a rubberized & high contrasting coloured floor and indoor shoes must be worn at all times.
- Players are required to bring their own paddle.
- SSC provides the ping pong balls.
- Teams are comprised of 2 players.
- Players are required to find their own substitutions (please talk to the SSC office and/or Game Coordinator to access the substitutes list).
- Teams that default more than 2 games may be asked to leave the league without refund. If you know you may not be able to field a full team, please call the other captain in advance.
- No gender requirement for this sport. All games are self-officiated.
- Players will flip a coin or play rock-paper-scissors to determine which team will serve first. The other team will choose the side of the table they wish to play on.
- Teams will play 5 games (each game is a best out of 3) per evening match.
- Scores should be entered on the SSC website as follows: 2-0, 2-1, 0-2, 0-2, 1-2. Do not enter the total number of points per match.
- Match will consist of 4 Singles games and 1 Doubles game.
- A1 vs. B1 (Singles) (best 2 of 3)
- A2 vs. B2 (Singles) (best 2 of 3)
- A1 vs. B2 (Singles) (best 2 of 3)
- A2 vs. B1 (Singles) (best 2 of 3)
- A1 & A2 vs. B1 & B2 (Doubles) (best 2 of 3)
- League standings can be viewed online by logging into your player profile.
General Game Rules
Standard ping pong rules apply to all SSC games. Notable exceptions are listed below:
- All games (singles and doubles) are played to 11 points. The scoring margin must be at least 2 points to win a game.
- Each player on a team may serve 2 consecutive times at which time service switches to the opposing team.
- ‘Legal Service’ is when the server throws the ball vertically upwards, without imparting spin, so that it rises at least 16cm after leaving the palm of the free hand. As the ball is falling the server hits it so that it bounces in his or her court first before going over the net. In doubles, the ball is served to the cross court to your opponent (to the right). In Singles, the ball is server over the net to either side of the table.
- If a serve hits the net and lands on the opponent’s side it will be considered a ‘let’ and the serve will be repeated. There is no limit to the number of ‘lets’ permitted during service.
- Team playoff position: Ties in the standings will be broken first by head-to-head play. If there are more than 2 teams that are tied, all the teams must have played each other in order for the results to go to head-to-head. Otherwise, least points against, then +/-, then most points for will determine the placement in that order.
- The SSC office will update the playoff schedule once all scores have been submitted and after the last regular season game. Please do not assume the time/location of your playoff game until team names have been posted into the schedule.
Remember… Always have fun!
Ping Pong facility (but not limited to): Gladstone Sports & Health Centre.