2021 Rule Updates
With an ongoing effort to continually be improving our sport leagues, and with direct feedback from our players, the following updates have been made to the rules. Note – these are highlights, full changes can be found in the rules section on the website and on sport pages.
It is the responsibility of captains and players to ensure you are aware of any changes.
- We heard you! This Sprummer, we are excited to announce the return of our playoff structure. All league sports will now return to a two-week playoff bracket included in their seasonal schedule. These last two weeks of games will crown our “League Champion”, and while we still cannot meet for a party and prizes, we know the competition and playoff format is an important end to your sports season.
- There will not be trophies or prizes.
- Leagues will be played in smaller Tiers to ensure limited contact with opponents throughout the season. Tiers will be determined based on skill rankings (at registration) and past league results.
- Teams must follow our strict roster maximum allowance to ensure leagues fit within the public health mandated 50-person league capacity.
- Substitute players are not permitted unless the substitute player is a player from another team’s official roster in the same league and tier. However, regular/consistent use of a substitute player in the same league is considered unsportsmanlike and not encouraged.
- It is strongly encouraged that batters and base runners wear a helmet.
- Intermediate leagues will follow a +5 home run rule. A team can only hit +5 home runs more than their opponents. Example: If team A has hit 5 home runs, they must wait for Team B to hit a home run before Team A can hit another. If a team hits a + 6 home run, the batter is awarded a single base (not a home run) and base runners only advance if they are forced (same as a ‘walk’ scenario).
- Teams are required to declare a set ‘lead’ ‘2nd’ ‘3rd’ and ‘skip’ positions for the entire game. Players are not allowed to rotate through the various positions. This process ensures only 1 player touches the same rocks for the entirety of the game.
- Only one (1) sweeper can be used from start to finish - you are not allowed to switch sweepers during the delivery of the rock.